Toggle Contrast

Report a Concern about a Child

West Sussex Safeguarding Children Partnership

Worried About the Safety of a Child?

If you are worried about your safety, or the safety of a child it’s important that you tell someone.


The way you refer into Children’s Services has changed – important information – please read carefully…

Requests for service, and concerns about children’s safety should now  be reported using the West Sussex Integrated Front Door (IFD)  Portal, which can be accessed via the WSCC Web Site Request support or raise a concern about a child. The link to the new portal can be found below.

IFD Portal link

If you are refer a safeguarding concern about an adult, please click on the link below –

Raise a safeguarding concern about an adult

Please note that any child linked to the adult you are concerned about will need to be referred to Children Services separately using the new IFD portal form above.

You can also access the “Request Support or Raise a Concern About a Child” page by using the QR code below –

If you’re worried about something that’s happening to you or to a friend, there are a lot of people who can help you. It’s good to talk to people you trust about your worries, perhaps a teacher, a friend, your parents, or a family member.

Abuse is always wrong, no matter how many times it happens.

There can be lots of different types of abuse. It might be helpful to read more on sexual abuseneglectemotional abuse or physical abuse on the ChildLine website.

Being abused can affect young people in lots of different ways, but it’s never their fault.

It’s not unusual for young people to find it hard to talk about abuse, even with their closest friends.


When you think about telling someone, it’s important to remember that they can’t always keep what you tell them secret. If you are worried about this, you (or your friend) might want to talk to a ChildLine counsellor before you decide who else to tell. The ChildLine counsellors have a Confidentiality Promise that means they can keep most things private.

You can contact ChildLine in loads of different ways, whether that’s by going online and using the 1-2-1 chats or emailing, or by calling for free on 0800 1111 (the calls won’t even show up on the phone bill).

If you or a friend are at IMMEDIATE risk, you should treat this as an emergency and call 999 to report your concerns to the Police.

If you have spoken to someone you trust or ChildLine and you are still concerned that you or a friend are being abused or neglected:

Call the Integrated Front Door (IFD) on 01403 229900 (weekdays 9am – 5pm)

The out of office hours (5pm – 8am weekdays) and 24-hour emergency number on weekends and bank holidays is 0330 222 6664.

If you experience difficulty, having tried the 0330 numberplease ring 07711 769657, this will connect you to the duty Social Worker. Please note that this mobile number cannot accept text messages

When you contact the IFD please give as much information as possible about your concerns. This information will be kept confidential. This will help the IFD decide the best way to help.