Additional Resources for Voluntary Sector
Further information for those working in the Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) :
West Sussex VCS Safeguarding Forum:
The purpose of the West Sussex VCS Safeguarding Forum is to maintain an independent network of VCS Safeguarding leads, facilitating a meaningful link between the West Sussex Safeguarding Children Partnership (WSSCP) and the forum organisations, demonstrating our commitment to and the challenges of ongoing safeguarding.
- To bring together key VCS Safeguarding Leads from across West Sussex, to create networking opportunities and share best practice and training.
- To work with and influence the WSSCP, disseminating information to forum organisations, ensuring links are both meaningful and relevant.
- To proactively review elements of practice as a sub-group for the WSSCP consulting VCS partners as necessary and to respond to requests for information in a timely manner
The members of the steering group for the forum are:
- Chris Cook, Chair (CEO, Sussex Clubs for Young People)
- Julia Harrison (Head of Safeguarding, YMCA Downslink)
- Martin Rhodes (Project Co-Ordinator Youth, Sussex Oakleaf)
- Kerrin Page (Deputy CEO, West Sussex Mind)
- Jon Jolly (Business Development Manager, Arun Community Church)
- Kathryn Slatter (CEO, Lifecentre)
- Joel Carter (Safeguarding Lead, Esteem)
In 2021 we hope we can resume our face to face meetings next year which will be on the following dates from 10am to 12:30pm:
- Wednesday 10th March
- Thursday 10th June
- Tuesday 14th September
- Thursday 9th December
Please contact Chris Cook at email@example.com to find out more and for details of how to join this group. Our Terms of Reference can be found by clicking on the link below:
Keeping Children Safe in Sport:
Advice and guidance for sports organisations on keeping children safe in sports is available from the NSPCC Child Protection in Sports Unit.