Additional Resources for Voluntary Sector
Further information for those working in the Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) :
West Sussex VCS Safeguarding Forum:
The purpose of the West Sussex VCS Safeguarding Forum is to maintain an independent network of VCS Safeguarding leads, facilitating a meaningful link between the West Sussex Safeguarding Children Partnership (WSSCP) and the forum organisations, demonstrating our commitment to and the challenges of ongoing safeguarding.
- To bring together key VCS Safeguarding Leads from across West Sussex, to create networking opportunities and share best practice and training.
- To work with and influence the WSSCP, disseminating information to forum organisations, ensuring links are both meaningful and relevant.
- To proactively review elements of practice as a sub-group for the WSSCP consulting VCS partners as necessary and to respond to requests for information in a timely manner
The members of the steering group for the forum are:
- Chris Cook, Chair (CEO, Sussex Clubs for Young People)
- Julia Harrison (Head of Safeguarding, YMCA Downslink)
- Martin Rhodes (Project Co-Ordinator Youth, Sussex Oakleaf)
- Kerrin Page (Deputy CEO, West Sussex Mind)
- Jon Jolly (Business Development Manager, Arun Community Church)
- Kathryn Slatter (CEO, Lifecentre)
- Joel Carter (Safeguarding Lead, Esteem)
Our next meeting will be online on Thursday 10th December 2020 from 10am.
In 2021 we hope we can resume our face to face meetings next year which will be on the following dates from 10am to 12:30pm:
- Wednesday 10th March
- Thursday 10th June
- Tuesday 14th September
- Thursday 9th December
Please contact Chris Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and for details of how to join this group. Our Terms of Reference can be found by clicking on the link below:
Keeping Children Safe in Sport:
Advice and guidance for sports organisations on keeping children safe in sports is available from the NSPCC Child Protection in Sports Unit.